Sweet Potato, Jalapeno and Coconut Soup with Roasted Cashews
1. In a large saucepan heat the oil on a medium heat.
2. Add the onion and sweat until translucent. Add the garlic and heat for another few minutes.
3. Add the honey to the onions and keep stirring until it starts to become slightly sticky.
4. Add the stock and stir.
5. At this stage add the sweet potato and jalapeno. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat.
6. Add the tin of coconut milk and stir.
7. Leave simmer for about half an hour or until the sweet potato has softened.
8. While the soup is simmering roast the cashew nuts in a hot oven for 10 minutes. Keep an eye so they don’t burn.
9. Remove from the oven and place in a food processor. Blitz for one minute.
10. Take the soup off the heat and with a hand blender blitz the soup. If it is too thick add 100ml of stock or water.
11. Serve with a sprinkle of roasted cashew nuts.