Sago Cream Dessert
1. Place sago in a medium sized pot and add the milk.
2. Bring to the boil then simmer very slowly over low heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the salt and sugar and bring to the boil again.
4 .While milk/sago mixture is simmering separate the eggs, ( whites in one bowl and yolks in another). Beat the egg whites until they form peaks that turn over at the top when the beater is lifted from them.
5. After bringing to the boil again when salt and sugar have been added remove from heat and pour a little of the mixture into the egg yolks which have been slightly beaten and mix thoroughly.
6. Pour this back into the saucepan and mix well.
7. Return pan to the heat and bring to the boil again, stirring all the time.
8. Remove from the heat as soon as it boils and with a metal spoon fold in the egg whites and the vanilla.
9. Either pour into a serving bowl to get cold or leave in the saucepan to cool if putting in individual dishes.
Serve either warm, at room temp or cold.