1. Preheat the oven to 325 oF, 160 oC, Gas Mark 3 and grease the baking sheets.
2. Beat the eggs until they form soft peaks when you lift the beater. You should save the egg yolk for later use.
3. Next add the sugar slowly, beating every time. Then mix in the coconut.
4. Sprinkle some sugar on your palms. Then take a small piece of dough and roll it into a ball about a 1-inch diameter. Continue doing that until there is no more dough left.
5. Arrange the balls on the baking sheets. With your fingers sprinkle a bit more sugar on top of each ball.
6. Bake the cookies for 16 to 18 minutes until they are light brown. The cookies should be soft in the inside so don't over bake them.
7. Remove them from the baking sheets and let them cool off on the wire rack.