- Sat. Fat
1. Soak the Fruit Mix overnight in the brandy.
2. Stir in the nibbed almonds.
3. Mix together flour, ground almonds, mixed spice, cinnamon and lemon rind and add to the fruit mixture.
4. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then gradually add in beaten eggs.
5. Stir mixture into the fruit until well mixed.
6. Turn into a lined 9 inch cake tin, flatten the top and bake at Gas Mark 2/150º C/300ºF for 3 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. If you have a fan oven, it is recommended that you cover the top of the cake, place it in the centre of the oven and bake for 2 ½ - 3 hours at Gas Mark 2/150ºC/300ºF.
8. Cool Overnight in tin.
To store: The cake can be eaten immediately, but to store wrap in greaseproof paper then foil and pack in a cake tin. Keep in a cool place for up to twelve months.