Chocolate Chip Brownies
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/fan 150°C/gas mark 3. Grease and line a square 20cm cake tin.
2. Place all of the chocolate into a bowl with the butter. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Heat, stirring gently until melted. Remove the bowl from the pan and cool slightly.
3. Beat the sugar into the chocolate mixture using an electric mixer. Add the eggs one at a time until all combined. Sift in the flour and beat until the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining chocolate and almonds.
4. Pour the mix into the tin and bake for 30 minutes or until the skewer inserted into the brownie comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.