Carrot & Prune Cake
1. Heat the oven to 180C/ fan oven 160C/ gas mark 4. Grease and line a 22cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Measure all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until evenly blended.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, level out and bake in the centre of the oven for about an hour until risen and golden. A fine skewer should come out clean when inseted into the cake.
4. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for about 15 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack until completely cold.
5. For the topping, measure all the ingredients into a bowl and beat well until creamy and thickened. Spread over the top of the cake and finish with a sprinkling of walnut pieces.