1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degree F/190 degree C/Gas Mark 5. Line muffin tray with standard paper bun cases.
2. Put the flours, baking powder and spices into a bowl. Mix in the dried fruit. Melt the margarine and take off the heat and stir in the beaten eggs, sugar and the carrots, mixing them together.
3. Stir these wet ingredients into the dry ones in the bowl and mix to a fairly soft mixture. If necessary add a little milk.
4. Divide the mixture into the bun cases. Work fairly quickly before the margarine cools and stiffens.
5. Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes. Cool on a wire tray.
6. These can be frozen.
Tip - Smaller bun papers can be used for "bite" size muffins for younger children.