Amaranth and Almond Porridge with Apple and Cinnamon
1. Combine amaranth, almond milk, cinnamon and the vanilla in a saucepan. Simmer over a medium heat.
2. Cover amaranth and simmer but stir occasionally until the most of the liquid is absorbed.
3. Remove from the heat and leave covered.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Toss in apples and cinnamon. Sautee until the apples soften. Add in the nuts and stir for another two minutes.
5. Pour the amaranth in to a bowl and top with the apple mix.
(Note: add honey, maple syrup or agave syrup for extra sweetness.)